How to Repair Damaged Hair?

How to Repair Damaged Hair

when I'm talking about damage hair I'm talking about hair that has just been really over the process. So whether that be with chemicals like being chemically treated so like bleaching palming things like that or hair that has also just been talked with heat tools for a long period.

So like or straightening over curling blow-drying your hair daily obviously. Keep in mind everybody's hair is different as well so everyone's hair can kind of handle different amounts of damage or styling some people's hair types are just really resilient to those things. I know people I have met straightening their hair every day for years and their hair does not have one split and so obviously just keep in mind that everyone's hair is different. So you might be doing these things to your hair but your hair might be fine so just keep that in mind.


1.   Get regular trims

So my first tip and what I think is the most important one, especially for damaged hair, is to make sure that you're getting regular trims. And I know that hurts to hear it like no one wants to lose length but if the bottom parts of your hair are just super broken and damaged you're losing length anyways to breakage. So the best thing you can do is get that trimmed off so that you're not losing any more length to breakage and that way your split hairs aren't having the opportunity to split further up or also break further.

Keep in mind you guys that you cannot heal a split. And so really the only way to get rid of them is to cut them off and that's what trims are so extremely important.

I don't expect anyone to want to do that personally when my hair was dried. I used to just get a trim every two or three months and I would just take off like half an inch or so like a really small trim very often but that got rid of my damaged ends over time and then I also didn't lose a lot of lengths every time and then eventually my ends work back to normal or like as normal as they could be without getting a big chore. That being said if you'd rather just start fresh and get a big chop that's fine too.

Again this is your preference. Just make sure that in some way you're getting rid of that damage. Another great way to get rid of split and so they're going in for a full trim is to do the search and destroy method. This is easy all you do is separate your hair into sections and take some good haircutting scissors you can get them at any beauty supply store. I like to split my hair into sections and twist the hair or just fold it between my fingers and I like do this trip.

The section of hair I will see a little split and sticking out and I just snip them off individually. This way you're not losing any like that all you're just cutting off the individual split ends. And I would not use this in place of actual trims but I like to use this in between my trims to keep it as healthy and maintained as possible.  I just find that this helps to keep my hair looking shinier and smoother overall and this like I will help you if your hair is super split and damage just like help prevent further breakage.

2. Avoid heat and chemical processing.

The next step is another obvious one but if your hair is already really damaged please try to lay off the heat and chemical processing. I know this can be hard when your hair is damaged because you feel like it doesn't look good unless you're styling in a certain way when my hair was damaged. I used to try to curl it every day because otherwise I just felt like it looks frizzy. It looked like really fly and limp and straight and weird. And the reason why I was so damaged was that I was curling it every day.

So I know it can be really difficult to try to wean yourself off that but the thing that's helped me the most with that which leads right into

3. Find protective styles for your hair

 my next tip is finding protective styles that work for you. When I learned how to french braid my hair. That was life-changing for me because I finally found a way to style my hair daily that I liked that did not involve any form of damage to my hair like no heat no processing and nothing. I literally would just throw in a French braid every day for school and then when my hair was down it had some nice way.

So then so I kind of started to like that love. Even now that my hair is long.  It's on day one right now because I'm at my house. But when I leave later today it will be in a braid or a bunch of hair sticks.

So anything like that just keeping your hair together and protected is helpful. These hair cells just help to prevent more breakage from happening whether it be from the environment like the wind in cold whether it be from tangling from friction and rubbing on clothes rubbing on your chair rubbing on your car see anything like that. And they also just help to wean you off of heat styling. Eventually, I just got used to the way my natural hair looked and fell and as I brought it back to health it just started to fall a little bit nicer than I did when it was fried so it kind of looks like a win-win.

It just takes time to get used to protecting ourselves cells are also really important at night time. This is when your hair is rubbing on your pillows rubbing on your sheets getting tangled. So I like to just sleep with my hair and a loose braid. If your hair's too short for wearing protective cells at nighttime you can always invest in like a certain pillowcase or in a satin bought it. And this way your hair will just be together and rubbing on a smooth surface. That way you're not experiencing friction and breakage.

4. Invest in Leave-inn Products to give moisture to your hair.


My next step is to invest in a good leave-in product so whether that be like leaving conditioner or leave-in oil something to help keep your hair healthy and moisturize after you've gotten out of the shower leaving conditioner was important because they help to lock in a lot of moisture and which leaving conditioner you use depends on your hair type.

I'm going to be showing you guys right now a few of my favorites and some that I think you would enjoy if your hair is damaged or porous again if your hair is like low porosity you want to stick to a lighter weight leave and so it doesn't weigh your hair down. one of my favorites is bed head elasticate shampoo and conditioner. It's packed full of nutrients that are great for your hair and prevents breakage.
bed head elasticate shampoo and conditioner


If your hair is closer to high prosody you want to use thicker heavier wants to lock in that moisture and seal your cuticle down to keep the moisture in from the shower from your conditioner. But whether your hair is damaged or not I don't think leaving conditioner is worth skipping.

I think it's really important. This also helps to prevent tangles and again keep your home wash dries and between washes. I like to use lighter ones throughout the week as well so in between washes when I notice my hair is getting a little dry. I like to spray some of my lighter wine and then add a little bit of oil to my arms just to seal that in and it just helps to keep my arms looking fresher longer and again preventing breakage preventing dryness and preventing split ends.

5. Use hair Mask

Finally, the one thing that saved my hair when it was damaged was getting into a good mask routine.

If your hair is damaged hair masks are going to help you so much whether that be store-bought once whether that be DIY masks. I've just found that doing mass and taking the time each week to care for my hair that way and give it that extra stuff that needs to be helped to bring my hair. Back to life. I find like the best way to do this now knowing is the capillary schedule. If you don't know what the capillary schedule is some you worry. you can also use As I Am So Much Moisture Hydrating Lotion it is very important to restore the hydration in the hair and AS I AM So Much Moisture Hydrating Lotion gives the hair the exact nourishment that it needs. The moisture content of the hair is also very much improved and the hair seems protein-rich and healthy.

Until you kind of get used to it then you can decide what works best for your hair specifically on these schedules rely on what your hair prosody is what your hair type is what your schedule is all of those things. So again it's personalized and for that schedule, you can either use store-bought masks or you can use DIY masks. I like to use ones that are silicone-free since I moved off of silicone and self as my hair has only improved and gotten better.

I know a lot of people with severely damaged hair or porous hair-like silicone because they find that it helps to keep their cooler hair sealed. So that's really up to you. I'm not going to say whether or not you should stay away from Silicone. In that case that's totally up to you. I think that if you've been using silicone. Up until this point and you haven't noticed any improvement in your hair. Maybe try getting off of them but a lot of people do like silicone when their hair is porous.

So again that's totally up to you. Just find some really good hair mass you can use.

6.  Be consistent after choosing your haircare routine.


 My final tip I don't know if this council a tip but my final little bit of advice is to just be consistent. Once you find a hair care routine that works for you. Be consistent with your terms be consistent with your masks and you will see the payoff.Consistency is the key. I've said this on my channel a million times. Consistency is really important.



Comments

Popular Posts